Choosing a right acupuncturist for you is like picking a surgeon for your heart operation; it matters. In China where acupuncture is originated, one needs to receive six years of Traditional Chines Medicine (TCM) education in order to be able to practice acupuncture since practicing acupuncture is not simply putting the tiny needle into a human body. It requires the understanding of the complicated theories of TCM to be qualified to provide diagnosis for the patients, which is done not by lab tests or machine reading, but by special TCM non-intrusive methods.
In the US, one can get an acupuncture license by going to a two-year TCM college for a degree as the basis for applying for a NY license. Dr. Lisa, receiving her MD and practicing acupuncture in China for many years before moving to US, is the kind of acupuncturist you want to trust. When you come to see her, you can be sure that you are in good hands.
Now the insurance coverage. We cover all major insurance policies. Check with your insurance company to make sure that your policy provides acupuncture coverage.
The following provides a summary of the kinds of insurance policies we accept here at the Center.
I. FULL COVERAGE
with approval from your insurance companies.
II. LIMITED COVERAGE OR WITH CO-PAYMENT
- No Fault (Auto Insurance) - NF
- Worker's Compensation - WC
- Independent Health (with Flex Fit Independent card) - up to $250 (Annually)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of WNY (through PrismNetwork):
- Aqua Program - up to $250 Annually per ind. and $500 per family.
- Lifestyle benefits - up to $250 Annually
- Fitblue Plus -up to 12 treatments annually
- NEW! United Health Alliances
- Univera with CAM benefit through Prism Health Network - up to 6 or 10 treatments with co-pay of $8 or more for each treatment.
III. DISCOUNT REFERRAL PROGRAMS - If you are referred to our Rehab Center by our existing patients or your physicians, you will receive a $25 discount for your first time visit.
IV. OTHER DISCOUNT PROGRAMS; Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine and Rehab Center will also work with your insurance companies not listed above to give you discounts of up to 25% off your regular fees. The following is a suggested list.
- America Complimentary Health Network
- America Specialty Health Network
- American Whole Health Network
- Axia Whole Health Network
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Community Blue
- Consensus Health
- Health Allies
- Health Care Plan
- Health Ways
- Health Connection
- Independent Health
- Landmark Health Care
- United Health Allies
- Whole Health Network